Jessica Alba Wishes To Become Invisible

Jessica Alba Does Parade Magazine

In Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Jessica Alba plays a woman with the power to become invisible. In the new issue of Parade, the actress reveals that she often wishes she could disappear.

“I prefer to be a little more anonymous, under the radar,” she said. “I like to be able to slide in and out of situations unnoticed.”

Not likely. This year, FHM named the 25-year-old Sexiest Woman in the World and with six movies coming out this year, Alba’s star is only rising higher.

See highlights from the interview below and find out how the Good Luck Chuck actress feels about being a sex symbol, working in a male-dominated career, and who she couldn't "give two-sh-ts" about.

On always wanting to be an actress:
“I had a lot of tenacity from a very young age. I was pretty clear on what I wanted to do with my life – I wanted to act. My dad was like, ‘When are you going to go to regular school? When are you going to get a job?’ It wasn’t until my dad visited the set [of her television series Dark Angel] and saw how hard I worked that he understood.”

On growing up an Air Force brat of mixed heritage:
“I always felt like a fish out of water, and I never felt comfortable with kids my own age. When you move around a lot, and you look different, other kids bully you.”

On the paparazzi:
“I could give two sh-ts about them. They’re so lame, I can’t even believe that’s a real job. I can’t imagine they even pay taxes.”

On being a sex symbol:
“I don’t really pay attention to all that. It’s only when people start to treat me like one that it really freaks me out. Most days I wake up and look in the mirror and go, ‘ugh.’ I don’t really think I look all that great.”

On being a celebrity:
“I never want to be in the papers except when I’m promoting a movie, but if they have to, they’ll make up lies about me just to have something newsworthy to say. The more controversial the story is, the more buzz it can get, and the more it’ll sell.”

On working in a man’s world:
“I’m in a business that’s completely driven by white males. The majority of writers and directors are men. And even though I’m not, like, such a huge feminist, I do want to produce movies on my own that are female-driven and empowering to women. Variety is good. The woman’s voice really isn’t present in Hollywood.”

On the future:
“This year, for once in my life, I hope I’ll have the power to start doing what I really want to do. Maybe people will kind of see me for who I am instead of just basing their opinion on some paparazzi’s pictures of me taken on the beach.”

source

No comments:

Post a Comment